Monday, May 23, 2011

Mother Neff State Park (the first Texas state park)

I had a wonderful hike and I'll take the hike over the tred mill any day. I left early in the day, because it is Africa hot, and drove about an hour north-east to Mother Neff State Park. This area is next to Leon River and it is a very wooded area. There was only one path that I didn't hike and that is because at the trail head there was a sign that read, "Watch for Snakes." My decision was made, why watch for snakes when you can avoid them? Anyway, here are some of this weeks shots.


  
The cave was excavated by the CCC workers and they found the remains of three indians buried there. The pavilion was built by the CCC; I ate lunch there.





The trails are pristine, this is what I've always envisioned our property to look like, minus the spider.

No comments: